Strawberry & Mint Sorbet
Recipe by Gabriella Esposito
- 3/4 cup Selati castor snow
- 90ml water
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 45ml freshly squeezed strawberry or orange juice
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the sugar, water and salt and cook until sugar and salt has dissolved, around 3 minutes, to form a syrup.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes or until room temperature.
- In a food processor or blender, puree strawberries with the cooled syrup, juice, mint and vanilla seeds until very smooth. If you don't want any bits, strain the mixture through a sieve. Place into an ice cream churner and churn until set then place into freezer for a further hour before serving. Alternatively, place mixture straight into a container into the freezer for 4- 6 hours before serving.