For the crepes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Selati caster snow
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the lemon curd:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 165g Selati caster snow
- 80g chilled unsalted butter
- Zest & juice of 2 lemons
200g goat's milk cheese, to serve (I prefer to use Chevin)
- Pre-make the lemon curd at least 6 hours or a day before using: Whisk eggs and sugar in a small pot until smooth then place over a low heat.
- Add butter, juice and zest and continue to whisk until the butter has melted and the mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a sterilised jar and place in the fridge.
- Prepare the crepes: place all of the ingredients into a bowl and beat until just combined.
- Heat a non stick pan and add some extra butter. Once the butter has melted and has turned a light brown colour, add a ladle full of pancake mixture (or enough to thinly coat the base of the pan) and swirl to create an even layer.
- Cook for a minute or until small bubble start to appear. Flip the pancake and cook the other side for another minute. Flip onto a place, cover with a tea towel to keep warm and repeat process until all of the crepe mixture is finished. To keep them extra fresh, place a piece of wax paper between each crepe layer!
- Serve warm pancakes with a generous smear of cold lemon curd & roughly sliced goat's cheese.