What is Sucralose?
- Sucralose is a non-caloric sweetener made from sugar.
- It is 600 x sweeter than sugar and has a clean sweet taste.
- It dissolves easily in water and is stable at high temperatures.
- Approved by SA Departement of Health and does not cause tooth decay.
Is Sucralose safe?
- More than 100 studies conducted over 20 years have demonstrated the safety of sucralose
- Studies included areas of cancer, genetic defects, reproduction and fertility, birth defects, immunology, metabolism and the central nervous system.
Who can use Sucralose?
- Adults including pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Children of all ages.
- Used as part of a healthy eating plan
Can Sucralose be used by Diabetics?
- Sucralose is not recognised by the body as a sugar or carbohydrate.
- It has no effect on how the body absorbd carbohydrate.
- Has not been shown to raise blood glucose or insulin levels.
- Has no effect on short or long term blood glucose control.